Our goal is to help you flourish in all aspects of your Alverno life.
By linking wellness to the Eight Abilities, our work is more meaningful and consistent for students.
Our programs and services aim to address issues that may be keeping you from achieving your personal and academic goals. We aim to teach:
- How stress can exacerbate illness
- Effective self-care strategies
- Ways to become engaged and extend learning beyond the classroom
- How to increase your sense of belonging at Alverno
If you are experiencing a mental health emergency and can't wait to be seen, your options are:
- Call 911 for immediate assistance
- Go to the nearest hospital emergency room
- Call the Milwaukee County Mental Health Psychiatric Crisis Line at 414-257-7222
- Call Campus Safety (while on campus) at 414-382-6911
- Call the Alverno CAREline at 833-434-1217 for anytime/anywhere support.
If you are you are experiencing a health emergency on campus, your options are:
- Call Campus Safety at 414-382-6911
If you are off campus:
- Call 911 for immediate assistance.
- Go to the nearest hospital emergency room.