The Department of Campus Safety strives to ensure a safe and secure learning and working environment for students, staff, faculty and visitors. The department consists of professional full-time and part-time Campus Safety Officers who are on staff 24/7, 365 days of the year. We are here to assist you in being successful and connecting you to resources on campus or off campus if necessary. The Alverno community has the ability and responsibility to assist Campus Safety in maintaining a safe and secure environment by staying alert, being aware of their surroundings and reporting suspicious activity.
Campus Safety personnel work with the Milwaukee Police Department to develop policies and proactive strategies to address campus security.
The Department of Campus Safety is available to:
- Respond to security concerns 24/7
- Provide emergency first aid when needed
- Direct and assist visitors, students, faculty and staff
- Escort individuals to their cars and to other buildings when requested
- Deliver emergency messages
- Enforce regulations pertaining to underage drinking and the use of controlled substances
- Provide programming to encourage positive safety habits
Please view the links in the sidebar to learn more about safety policies and procedures on campus.