Multicultural & Multilingual School Psychology (MMSP) Certificate
Are you a practicing school psychologist who wants to learn the skills required to navigate our increasingly diverse student populations? This 12-credit, one-year Multicultural and Multilingual School Psychology (MMSP) certificate will teach you everything you need to know to deliver equitable and quality assessment, consultation and intervention services to multilingual students.
About the program
- All courses offered online
- A groundbreaking program designed by school psychologists for school psychologists
- MMSP students receive training from school psychologists with experience and expertise in multicultural and multilingual school psychology. You can be assured that you will receive content each week that you will be able to directly apply in your practice
- Specialized training and supervision by multilingual school psychologists
- Multilingual students will have the opportunity to receive a Language Endorsement, which will give school districts assurance that you are able to deliver school psychology services in a language other than English. This endorsement gives you the advantage when applying for bilingual school psychology positions
MMSP Quick Links
Must be a licensed school psychologist.
Application materials will include:
- General application to the College
- Personal Statement
- MMSP: Letter from an administrator endorsing your participation in the program
- MMSP with Language Endorsement: Letter from an administrator or colleague speaking on your ability to deliver services in a language besides English
The MMSP program was developed with financial support from the Department of Education through the Mental Health Service Professionals Demonstration grant. At this time, we are able to offer financial support for five practicing school psychologists each year. Please indicate on your application if you would like to be considered for this scholarship.