Wireless Internet access is available at the following locations on Alverno's campus:
Please be aware that the wireless network may not cover every nook, cranny and corner of the coverage areas.
We are doing our best to add as much coverage as possible where most needed and as funding
- Alexia Hall (AX) - Entire building
- Alphonsa Hall (AL) – Entire building except music practice rooms. Lampe has limited coverage.
- Athletics and Fitness (AF) – Near the team room (AF105), AF 208, AF 210. and Fitness Center on second floor. In the Athletics Office.
- Austin Hall (AU) – All residence floors; end of the 1st floor south hallway including the guest rooms and apartment; the Rec Room; and Pipeline.
- Christopher Hall (CH) – Entire building except sub-basement.
- Clare Hall (CL) – Entire building. Coverage in basement is only near the classrooms.
- Corona Hall (CO) – All floors, basement hallway has limited coverage on the south end.
- Field House (FH) - In Press Box and possibly in area around the building.
- Founders Hall (FO) – Entire building including the seating area by the chapel office. Coverage is in the basement in the corridor east of G65.
- Pitman Theatre - Lobby area
- Read Center (RC) – Entire building except Studio A in the Media Hub.
Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to register their personal device and log into the appropriate network. AlvernoEMP for employees and AvernoSTU for students.
Using these Wi-Fi networks will grant you access to internal "on-campus" resources. In addition, you will not need to reconnect your device every 4 hours.
Alverno-Guest Wi-Fi should only be used by guests on campus. This network will time out after 4 hours of connected time regardless of activity. Guest Wi-Fi is not secured and will not give you access to on-campus resources.
Users logging into our network are responsible for complying with our Technology Use Policies.
Alverno does not recommend processing credit card transactions on the AlvernoGuest wireless network.
The Alverno network may not fully comply with PCI-DSS 3.2 standards.
If you have questions or need more information, please contact the Help Desk at 414-382-6700.