Alverno College Campus Safety Officers make regular rounds through the residence halls. The residents’ College ID is activated to give access to the buildings. The Austin Hall reception desk is staffed from 9am-12am, seven days a week, and the receptionist monitors those entering the buildings. The Clare Hall desk is staffed Monday-Friday from 5 p.m. to midnight and Saturday and Sunday from noon to midnight.
In addition to the work of the Campus Safety and desk staff, all members of the residential community share responsibility for security. Residents should be aware of their surroundings, keep their ID and room key with them at all times, and report any concerns to the Residence Life or Campus Safety Staff.
For the Spring 2022 Semester, we have restarted overnight guest visitation. Our current guest policy is:
- Guests of residents will continue to follow all Residence Life policies. This means that guests will not be required to wear a mask in the residence halls. As the host of a
guest please keep in mind:
- If your guest is not vaccinated, it is encouraged that they wear a mask in the residences halls.
- Guests, like residents, must be respectful of anyone within the community who chooses to continue wearing a mask.
- Austin and Clare Hall house a diverse group of residents. As a result, it is absolutely essential that we do our best to create a positive community built on a foundation of respect and
courtesy. In addition, we strive to uphold the highest level of security for our residents. All residents must adhere to the following visitation policies:
- Guest visitation is allowed between 9 a.m. and 12 a.m. No guests can check in prior to 9 a.m.
- Any guest remaining in the building after 12 a.m. will become an overnight guest. All guests must check in at the Austin Hall reception desk.
- Each resident may only sign in a maximum of one guest at a time (male or female).
- All guests must be checked out and exit the building by the designated times.
- Residents must escort guests at all times, including to and from the male restroom on the first floor and to check out.
- Residents may have guests overnight in their room for no more than two consecutive nights (weeks being noted as Sunday through Saturday).
- All overnight stays must be discussed and agreed upon by the roommate prior to the arrival of the overnight guest.
- Overnight guests must specify their overnight stay upon check-in and apply for a temporary parking permit if parking a car overnight and must park in the parking structure.
- Austin Hall Overnight Policy: Male overnight guests will only be allowed to stay overnight on Friday and Saturday nights. Alverno College does not provide shower facilities for male guests. All male guests will need to make other arrangements.
- Cohabitation is not allowed in the Residence Halls. Cohabitation is defined as behavior that indicates a guest is utilizing a resident’s room as a living space. Signs of
cohabitation can include but are not limited to:
- Staying in the resident’s room more often than not within a given month.
- Presence of the guest’s personal belongings in the resident’s room.
Parking is free for all students. Resident students must get a parking pass from Campus Safety in order to park their vehicles overnight.
Austin residents can park overnight in the Parking Structure. Clare residents can park overnight in lots I and G. Guests can receive an overnight parking pass for the parking structure at either the Austin or Clare desk.