Austin Hall and Clare Hall are designed to facilitate a safe, healthy and enjoyable living-learning environment that promotes social and academic growth of all residents. As a resident, you are expected to engage in the community living experience. This means that you will share responsibilities of living within the community and develop the skills of cooperation and communication. Therefore, we encourage the following in the residence halls:
- Respect for privacy, quiet, study time and sleep
- Respect for personal property and possessions
- Respect for the public spaces found within the community
- A positive atmosphere that discourages gossip and harassment
- An acceptance of the differences that make each person a unique individual
- Honesty and courtesy from others
For more information about Residence Hall living expectations, you can read our handbook located in the CollegePolicy Section of the Alverno Website. By living on campus, our residents agree to follow the policies stated in the Handbook and meet both Residence Life and Campus Expectations.