During the academic year, your room becomes your “home away from home.” We want you to be as comfortable as possible.
All first-year residents are housed in Austin Hall in double rooms. If a first year student does not want a roommate, they can buy out the other half of their double room. Each double room (10’ X 17’) is furnished with blinds, two single beds, built-in desk and drawers, desk chairs, a built-in bookshelf, closets, a sink and vanity, a microwave/refrigerator unit, a computer network/Internet connection jack, and a cable television outlet.
Sophomores, juniors, seniors and transfer students are eligible to reside in large or small single rooms if they are available. Each of these rooms is furnished with a bed, built in desk, desk chair, built in bookshelf and closet, a sink and vanity, a microwave/refrigerator unit, a computer network/internet connection jack, and a cable television outlet.
A vacuum cleaner, mop and cooking utensils are available for check out at the Austin Hall reception desk. Other Austin Hall features include:
- TV and study lounges equipped with microwaves, refrigerators, TV and air conditioning (not available in bed spaces)
- Wireless internet throughout the building
- 24-hour computer lab
- Free cable television in all common areas
- Educational, recreational, and social programming
- Laundry facility that is free for residents to use
- The Rec Room: a student-centered space for resident students to play pool, air hockey, watch TV or just hang out
- Shower rooms with individual stalls and changing room
Themed Learning Communities
Community Service and Leadership Wing: The purpose of this floor is to bring a group of like-minded students together in a community where they will participate in activities rooted in service with opportunities to develop as leaders.
Wellness/Athletics Wing: The purpose of this wing is to bring together students that have a passion for wellness and want to be involved in the athletic experience at Alverno.
Center for Academic Excellence Wing: The purpose of this wing is to help students engage in their academic experience and research with the support of the Center for Academic Excellence.
Austin Hall has 4 different room types.
- Austin Hall Double
- Austin Hall Small Single
- Austin Hall Large Single
- Austin Hall Suite