For professional women and men who want more
You know what you want your next step to be. An Alverno degree will help you get there.
We’re a small liberal arts college with a big reputation for dynamic education — an approach that emphasizes meaningful
feedback instead of letter grades, and an abilities-based curriculum that embeds the skills most sought-after by employers into every course. At Alverno,
we’ll help you reach your highest potential.
If you’re ready to advance your career and grow as a leader, then consider one of
our coed programs in business, health care, mental health, music or education. With
our competitive tuition, flexible schedules and variety of class formats — including
growing online options — it’s never been easier to go back to school.
Master’s and Doctoral Programs
- Master of Science in Nursing: We offer tracks for baccalaureate-prepared RNs who want to become family, psychiatric
mental health, adult gerontology primary care or adult gerontology acute care nurse
practitioners, along with a track for clinical nurse specialists who plan to specialize
in adult gerontology.
- Direct Entry Master of Science in Nursing: You’re ready to make a difference as a nurse. This fast-track program allows college
graduates to earn a bachelor of science in nursing and a master of science in nursing
in as little as 18 months.
- Master of Business Administration: Sharpen your abilities to lead, manage, create and compete in today’s and tomorrow’s
global marketplace in this highly experiential program.
- Master of Science in Community Psychology: The MSCP degree emphasizes health and community involvement in prevention, intervention
and treatment of mental health issues.
- Master of Arts in Education: Our program is designed for working teachers and those who wish to become teachers,
as well as those who aspire to become school or district leaders.
- Master of Arts in Music and Liturgy: This flexible, low-residency program prepares music ministry leaders for service
in a culturally diverse church.
- Master of Music Therapy: This low-residency program prepares you for advanced practice by enhancing your
knowledge of music therapy theory, advanced clinical skills and research.
- Educational Specialist in School Psychology: This interdisciplinary program blends education and psychology so you have the tools
to help students who are struggling academically, socially, behaviorally or emotionally.
- Doctorate in Education: Help teach the world a better way to learn in this online program, which includes
dissertation support from the first day. We offer two concentrations: K-12 and higher
- Doctor of Nursing Practice: Our DNP program prepares you to assume leadership roles in complex clinical environments,
lead the development of health care policy, translate research into practice and serve
as an expert clinician.
Bachelor’s Degree Completion Programs
- RN to BSN Program: More health care employers are requiring a four-year nursing degree, and our all-online
program can get you there in just 12 months.
- Para to Teacher Licensure Program: This hybrid program blends online and on-campus courses and can be completed in
just 24 months.
- Para to Montessori Licensure Program: This three-year program, offered in partnership with the Montessori Institute of
Milwaukee, includes both online and on-campus courses.
Learn more about Alverno’s degree completion programs.
Post-Baccalaureate Licensure Programs
Are you interested in a particular license rather than a full graduate degree? Explore
our education and nursing certificate and licensure programs.