Paraprofessional to Montessori Teacher Licensure Program
Ready to take your career to the next level?
Open to women and men, Alverno’s Paraprofessional to Montessori Teacher Licensure program is a streamlined path to Montessori licensure for practicing paraprofessionals who have an associate’s degree or at least 60 credits but not a bachelor’s degree.
- Coursework can be completed in about three years.
- Alverno courses are offered in the evening and/or online.
- Courses taught by the Montessori Institute of Milwaukee, an Association Montessori Internationale training center, are in person at Alverno.
- Complete a free application at alverno.edu/apply.
- Send all official high school and college transcripts to Alverno.
The Montessori approach
As a trained Montessori teacher, you will understand the importance of allowing a child to develop naturally through appropriate lessons and materials based on each child's unique characteristics and abilities. You will learn how to act as a guide to students, assisting each child along his or her own path of discovery.
Alverno’s outcome-oriented curriculum is known nationally and internationally for focusing on you, the student. As part of our approach to learning, students learn the essential knowledge within each course subject while also developing the actual skills needed by nurses not just of today, but also tomorrow.
- Working Montessori paraprofessional
- Associate’s degree or at least 60 college credits*
*We will work with you if you have less than 60 credits to formulate a completion plan.
- Cost is $400 per credit
- January 2019
As a paraprofessional, you already provide crucial support for students in the classroom. The Para to Montessori Teacher Licensure program includes an 8-week student teaching experience that may be completed at your current paraprofessional site.
Get in touch!
Have questions? We invite you to connect with us to learn more.