About the Library
- Students are expected to present their Student ID with Library barcode each time they check out library materials, including Reserve materials.
- Borrowers are responsible for all materials checked out with their barcode.
- Charges of $50.00 or more will block a patron from borrowing any items from Alverno or the other SWITCH libraries until that amount is paid in full.
- Bills for overdue or damaged material will include the cost of the replacement or repair of the items.
- Damaged items remain the property of the lending library.
- 28 DAYS: Books and government documents.
- 14 DAYS: Videorecordings (DVD or VHS), audiocassettes, kits, maps, slides, realia, portraits, and scores.
- 7 DAYS: Compact discs.
- 3 DAYS: Magazines and newspapers.
LOAN PERIODS for Course RESERVE MATERIALS vary according to the instructor's designation: 2 hours, 4 hours, 24 hours, 3 days, 7 days, 28 days
- Materials from the general collection that have not been requested by another patron may be renewed.
- There is a limit of two renewals per item.
- General circulating items may be renewed in person, by phone, or via TOPCAT. Renewal requests may not be made by voice mail.
- Self-renewal is available on-campus or off-campus via TOPCAT.
- Renewals of reserve material are not possible. However, your time can be extended if the material is not in demand. Material must be brought to the Library Help Desk for consideration of any extension on reserve materials.
|General Circulation Materials (includes videorecordings)||
$50.00 fee for each lost/damaged item
|Laptops||$1.00 per hour overdue|
|2 hour and 4 hour reserves:||$1.00 per hour overdue|
|Overnight reserves:||$ .50 per hour overdue|
|24 hour reserves:||$ .50 per hour overdue|
|3 day and 7 day reserves:||$2.00 per day overdue|
- Borrowers may request holds on items from Alverno's general collection that are currently checked out. Ask for assistance at the Library Help Desk.
- When materials are returned to the library, the requestor is notified.
- Requested items are kept at the Library Help Desk awaiting pickup for one week.
- If needed by another patron, items checked out to patrons are recalled when the initial loan period is over.
- Only materials needed by faculty/staff for Course Reserves are recallable before the loan period is over.
- There is a limit of ten requests per patron at any given time.
- Holds may not be placed on Reserve items.