Making a planned gift is a thoughtful way to support students on their academic journey, and ensure that an Alverno education remains accessible for future
Your generosity supports the long-term sustainability of Alverno and it contributes to the empowerment of women and the betterment of our
community in Milwaukee and beyond. Making a planned gift today also can protect your assets and allow you to make a significant impact through a gift that costs nothing in your lifetime.
La Verna Society
When you make a planned gift, you will be recognized throughout your lifetime. Alverno College’s La Verna Society (formerly called the Heritage Society) recognizes and honors donors who have created personal legacies through an estate provision or planned gift to Alverno College. “La Verna” acknowledges the Franciscan values upon which Alverno College was founded and the values that will continue to guide the College into the future.
La Verna Society Membership Benefits
- Access to a donor concierge to assist with your planned giving needs.
- Recognition at annual Mass and La Verna Society reception
- Opportunity to add names to the Alverno’s Book of Remembrance for All Saints’ Day. (Names can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Exclusive invitations to two La Verna Society events per year, such as a virtual reflection or storytelling opportunity.
- Certificate signed by the Alverno College president.
How to Become a La Verna Society Member
Any alum or friend of Alverno who lets us know you have included us in your estate plans can become a member of the La Verna Society.
By submitting the Gift Intention Form and telling us about your plans, we can thank you during your life and confirm that we can use your gift as you intend – whether to create a scholarship, support student resources or simply to ensure the future of Alverno.
Here are a few examples of how you can become a La Verna Society member:
- Include Alverno with a bequest in your will. (Download our Estate Planning Guide for sample bequest language.)
- Name Alverno as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement assets.
- Establish an endowed scholarship through an estate gift.
There is no minimum gift amount required for membership. In addition, you may update your plans at any time, so your planned gift does not need alter your current lifestyle, and your gift can be modified throughout your lifetime to address your changing needs.