- Resources for Students
- New Student Information
- Continuing Student Information
- Returning Student Information
- Academic Advising Staff
- Our Mission
- Student Responsibilities
- Advisor Responsibilities
- Advisor Assignments
- Peer Advising Program
- Advising FAQs
- Schedule Appointment Online
- IOL Resources
- Promise Scholar Program
As Academic Advisors, we are dedicated to your educational, personal and professional development. We are committed to providing you with high quality service. We do this by being accessible, by providing accurate information and by maintaining a caring and supportive environment.
We reinforce practice of the eight abilities and assist you to become a self-directed learner. We treat you honestly, respectfully, courteously and are sensitive to student differences. Our responsibilities are to:
- Monitor your performance and progress in academic pursuits.
- Meet with you as necessary.
- Be available during registration periods to assist you to plan each semester's program of courses using the Academic Evaluation and Student Validation Report.
- Communicate a thorough understanding of the ability-based curriculum, college policies and procedures and graduation requirements for your major(s)/support(s).
- Act as a reference and referral service with respect to other college support systems.
- Assist you to understand your past education achievements and how these are related to your present educational goals.
- Assist you to explore the consequences of your choices and to accept personal responsibility for them.
- Assist you to develop and implement a plan to address your difficulties when you are not achieving in accordance with your abilities.
- Assit you to create a long-temr graduation plan.
- Monitor your progress toward graduation.
- Assist you in exploring and deepening your understanding of your chosen discipline and/or profession.