Paraprofessional to Teacher Licensure Program
Ready to take your career to the next level?
Open to women and men, Alverno’s Paraprofessional to Teacher Licensure program is a streamlined path to licensure for practicing paraprofessionals who have an associate’s degree or at least 48 credits but not a bachelor’s degree.
In 24 months, you can earn Bachelor’s of Science in Education from one of the most respected and innovative schools in Wisconsin.
Classes are taught in a hybrid format with both online and in-classroom sessions, and other course work may fall within the regular 15-week format. Each student must also complete 18 weeks of student teaching.
Alverno’s outcome-oriented curriculum is known nationally and internationally for focusing on you, the student. As part of our approach to learning, students learn the essential knowledge within each course subject while also developing the actual skills needed by nurses not just of today, but also tomorrow.
- Working paraprofessional or be able to volunteer for at least 15 hours per week in an elementary classroom.
- Associate’s degree or at least 48 college credits.
- Birth - Age 8
- K4 - 9th Grade
- ELL with a bilingual endorsement
- Special Education
- Social Studies
- Language Arts
- Cost is $416 per credit
- January 2020
Associate to Bachelor’s Curriculum
- Investigating Integrated Social Studies with the Inquiry Arc
- Science in the Elementary Curriculum
- Cornerstones for Effective K-9 Mathematics Teaching & Learning
- Engagement in Teaching, Learning and Assessment Working with Diverse Populations
- Processes of Literacy Acquisition
- Literacy Across the Curriculum
- Differentiating Instruction and Assessment in Math, Science and Social Studies