Paraprofessional to Teacher Licensure Program
For more information, please call 414-382-6100 or email us at email@example.com
Ready to take your career to the next level?
Open to women and men, Alverno’s Paraprofessional to Teacher Licensure program is a streamlined path to licensure for practicing paraprofessionals who have an associate’s degree or at least 60 credits but not a bachelor’s degree.
In 24 months, you can earn Bachelor’s of Science in Education from one of the most respected and innovative schools in Wisconsin.
Classes will alternate between on campus and online – ensuring you’re able to balance work, family and an otherwise busy schedule. The Para to Teacher Licensure program integrates the best of online learning with critical in-classroom instruction.
Why a Bachelor of Science in Education?
If you’ve dreamed of taking your place at the front of the classroom, this program will take your classroom skills to the next level with a Bachelor’s of Science in Education.
Alverno’s outcome-oriented curriculum is known nationally and internationally for focusing on you, the student. As part of our approach to learning, students learn the essential knowledge within each course subject while also developing the actual skills needed by nurses not just of today, but also tomorrow.
- Working paraprofessional
- Associate’s degree or at least 60 college credits*
*We will work with you if you have less than 60 credits to formulate a completion plan.
- Cost is $400 per credit
- January 2020
Associate to Bachelor’s Curriculum
- Find Meaning in Professional Practice
- Teaching and Assessment in K-8
- Arts, Culture and Ethics
- Working with Diverse Populations
- Processes of Literacy Acquisition
- Sustainability and Technology in the Changing World
- Literacy Across the Curriculum
- Informed Decision Making in Complex Societies
- Differentiating Instruction and Assessment in Math, Science and Social Studies