The 2020-2021 LACCS learning community is now open. Sessions meet monthly from September of 2020 to May of 2021. A full schedule will be posted in early April. Apply now or Sign up to receive updates, invites to future professional development opportunities including the LACCS 20-21 character education learning community.
Leadership Advancing Character and Culture in Schools (LACCS) is a unique, year-long learning community that provides you with the knowledge base, resources, and skills to effectively impact character development and social-emotional learning in your school community.
LACCS will support school leaders as they deepen their understanding of character education and positive school culture. They will learn to integrate character education into every aspect of a student’s school day and learn to involve not just students, but teachers, parents, and community members in the process.
By integrating the Character.org’s 11 Principles into each activity, LACCS leaders will guide participants in reflection and planning that will help them and their school team to advance their vision and create viable, sustainable initiatives.
To learn more:
Download a .pdf of the LACCS Brochure
View the 2019-20 LACCS Schedule/Overview
Learn about our Facilitators and Presenters
Past/current participants: See Participant List
Complete and submit the Online LACCS Application. The 2020/21 LACCS professional learning community is now open. For more information on the 2020/21 learning community or to receive updates and invites to future professional development opportunities, sign up today.
- Engage with national and local experts on social and emotional learning topics such as character education, restorative practices, mindfulness, equity and inclusion, service learning, and trauma-informed instruction.
- Take away practical strategies for your school or classroom.
- Obtain personalized, on-site coaching with character education experts.
- Cultivate leadership skills to successfully initiate a character education plan.
- Develop a strategic action plan for your school’s character initiatives.
- Visit State and National Schools of Character, and learn best practices.
- Network with peers from other schools that are engaging in character and climate work.
- Learn how the 11 Principles of Effective Character Education provides a framework for climate and culture change.
- Access assessment tools and develop a character education library.
Wisconsin Character Education Partnership (WCEP):
The vision of WCEP is for all Wisconsin students to demonstrate the knowledge, skills and dispositions of core universal values through a self-sustaining culture. WCEP programs include Promising Practice Schools and Wisconsin Schools of Character.
Providing the vision, leadership and resources for schools, families and communities to develop ethical citizens committed to building a just and caring world.
Call 414-382-6435 for more information on LACCS.
Sign up to receive updates, invites to future professional development opportunities.