About Parking Regulations
Campus Safety Officers enforce parking regulations on campus and will also address moving violations to include excessive speed and failure to stop at a stop sign. Street parking is regulated by Milwaukee Parking Enforcement. Permits are required for residents and for employees parking in Lot D or G.
- Residents – permit is required for overnight parking. Austin Hall Resident vehicles must be parked overnight in the Parking Structure only. Clare Hall Resident vehicles must be parked overnight in the Parking Structure or Lot I. Permits are free and can be picked up in Campus Safety FO-254. A copy of your current vehicle registration is required.
- Non-Residents – designated, marked parking is available except where restricted signs are posted.
- Staff/Faculty – Lot D and G are permit required lots for employee parking during the spring and fall semesters. Permits are available in the Campus Safety Office, FO-254 for a fee. Parking is on a first come, first serve basis for these reserved lots. Permit requirements are in effect for these lots from 7am-4pm, Monday-Friday.
- Disabled Parking - A state issued Disabled Parking permit or license plates are required to park in any Disabled Parking spaces on campus at all times.
Temporary Overnight Parking –
- Resident hall overnight guests must receive an overnight permit from the Austin Hall front Desk. All resident hall guests are only allowed to park overnight in the Parking Structure.
- Students and employees wanting to leave their vehicle overnight must contact Campus Safety for approval and provide their name, phone number, vehicle make, model and color and time frame the vehicle will be left on property. The vehicle should be parked in the Parking Structure.
Milwaukee Parking Enforcement may come on campus at any time to enforce Disabled Parking violations. Alverno College has no control over Milwaukee Parking Enforcement and cannot void or alter tickets issued by them.
Backing into a space in the parking structure is a ticketable offense on the Alverno College campus. This is due to the one-way traffic lanes throughout the floors of the structure. Therefore, backing into a space is considered evidence of having driven the wrong way in the parking structure and is also considered a traffic hazard under these circumstances.
Other common violations include, Driving the wrong way in the parking structure, Parked in a non-designated space, Parked in multiple spaces, and Parked in a restricted area or space.
Ticket fees range from $25 - $75 per ticket and must be paid within 10 days. Continued violations of parking regulations may result in your car being towed including all fines and expenses for towing. Students receiving tickets will have the fee placed on their student financial account after this time frame. Employees and visitors will be billed for any fines accrued.
Individuals wishing to appeal a parking ticket issued by the Department of Campus Safety, must fill out an official written appeal form. Appeal forms are located in the Campus Safety office FO-254 or in the Employee Mailroom. All appeals must be made within 10 days of the issuance date on the ticket. No other forms of appeal are accepted at this time.