Registering your personal device
To register your personal device addresses, follow these steps in order:
- Determine the hardware address(es) of your device(s) wired Ethernet and/or wireless
- For devices with a wired Ethernet port that you plug a network cable into, this address
is usually known as a MAC address.
- For wireless devices, this address is usually known as your Wi-Fi address. See Determining your MAC or Wi-Fi address for instructions.
- Write down the device name, MAC/Wi-Fi address, and a device description for each hardware
address you want to register. For example, if you have a Dell laptop, your device
name might be Jennifer’s laptop, and your device description might be Dell Inspiron
- Go to the computer lab in your residence hall, and log into a computer with your Alverno
username and password.
- Open a browser and go to http://mydevices.alverno.edu. Complete the registration forms for each device you’d like to connect. See Connecting Your Personal Devices to Alverno's Wireless Network for instructions.