During the academic year, your room becomes your “home away from home.” We want you to be as comfortable as possible.
All first-year residents are housed in Austin Hall in double rooms. Each double room (10’ X 17’) is furnished with blinds, two single beds, built-in desk and drawers, desk chairs, a built-in bookshelf, closets, a sink and vanity, a microwave/refrigerator unit, a computer network/Internet connection jack, and a cable television outlet.
Sophomores, juniors, seniors and transfer students are eligible to reside in large or small single rooms if they are available. Each of these rooms is furnished with a bed, built in desk, desk chair, built in bookshelf and closet, a sink and vanity, a microwave/refrigerator unit, a computer network/Internet connection jack, and a cable television outlet.
A vacuum cleaner, mop and cooking utensils are available for check out at the Austin Hall reception desk. Other Austin Hall features include:
- TV and study lounges equipped with microwaves, refrigerators, TV, VCR and air conditioning
- Wireless internet throughout the building
- 24-hour computer lab
- Free cable television in all resident rooms and common areas
- Educational, recreational, and social programming
- Laundry facility that is free for residents to use
- The Rec Room: a student-centered space for resident students to play pool, air hockey, watch tv or just hang out.
- Shower rooms with individual stalls and changing rooms
- 24-hour access to Campus Security
Click here to see pictures of the inside of an Austin Hall Room.
Themed Learning Communities
Alverno College Residence Life offers different themed communities in both Austin and Clare Hall. They are as follows:
Community Service and Leadership Wing - The purpose of this floor is to bring a group of like-minded students together in a community where they will participate in activities rooted in service with opportunities to develop as leaders.
Wellness/Athletics Wing - The purpose of this floor is to bring together students that have a passion for wellness and want to be involved in the athletic experience at Alverno.
Center for Academic Excellence Wing - The purpose of this floor is to help students engage in their academic experience and research with the support of the Center for Academic Excellence.Residence Life >