Class & Course Cancellation
- Accommodations & Disabilities
- Alverno College Catalog
- Attendance Expectations
- Auditing Classes
- Class & Course Cancellation
- Classroom Assignments
- Course and Section Additions and Changes
- Emergency Communication Options for Alverno
- Incomplete Policy
- Instructor Change
- Progress Reports
- Registration Incentives
- ROTC Program
- Schedule Changes
- Section Changes
- Student Right to Know
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Veteran Educational Benefits
- Waiting List
- WDC and Alverno on the Weekend Add-Drop
- Withdrawal from Classes
If an instructor is ill and a class is cancelled, a notice will be placed on classroom door and on glass bulletin board in the Commons Lobby.
A course for which you have registered may be dropped from the official semester’s course offering due to insufficient enrollment. If this should occur, we will notify you prior to the beginning of the semester so you may revise your registration.
Winter Weather Conditions:
If weather conditions are poor and classes are held, we ask you to exercise discretion regarding your safety in traveling to campus. Students not in class can make arrangements regarding homework with their instructors. If classes are cancelled, please link to MOODLE for a message from your faculty about assignments or make-up arrangements and watch for information from your faculty via email or posted on MOODLE about assignments or makeup arrangements. Closings will be announced in the following ways:
- The following stations carry announcements if the College cancels classes or closes due to adverse weather conditions: Channel 4 (WTMJ), Channel 6 (WITI), Channel 12 (WISN), Channel 58 (WDJT), WTMJ (620AM), WLWK (94.5AM), WISN (1130 AM), WKLH (96.5AM), WJMR (96.5AM), WHQG (102.9FM), WJZX (106.9FM), WXSS (103.7FM), WMYX (99.1FM), WSSP (1250AM).
- Closings will be announced on Alverno’s home page.
- You will receive a voice message and/or SMS text messaging if you sign up for RAVE, our emergency communication system.