Explore your faith. Refresh your spirit.
Our Catholic, Franciscan roots are the foundation for all we do and the reason we’re
committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive campus. Campus Ministry connects us
to those roots and builds bridges.
Whether you’re looking for guidance as you grapple with life’s big questions, a listening ear while grieving a loved one, or simply a friendly place to decompress between classes, Campus Ministry’s door is always open.
“Welcome! Campus Ministry is here to support you and accompany you on your Alverno journey. We’re here to listen, to share resources and to offer opportunities to come together for prayer, worship and community service. Whatever your faith background, we are here to invite you into more reflection about who you’re called to be, your purpose in the world, and how your education might prepare you to make a difference.”
Director of Campus Ministry
Founders Hall 255
Campus Ministry’s many programs include:
- Coffee and Community, Mondays from 9:30–11 a.m.
- Daylong and overnight retreats
- Weekly Masses and prayer services, inclusive liturgical celebrations to mark commencement and other special occasions
- Volunteer opportunities — from one-time events to weekly commitments ranging from serving meals to the homeless to neighborhood beautification projects
- Sister Friends Program, which connects students with the School Sisters of St. Francis,
Alverno’s founding order
Campus Ministry Mission
Alverno College Campus Ministry fosters the spiritual growth of students, faculty and staff through prayer and liturgy, service and social justice education, retreats, and spiritual conversations. Rooted in the Catholic tradition and inspired by the charism of St. Francis, we invite people to reflect on their faith journey, their gifts, and the world’s needs. We welcome and accompany persons of all faith traditions.