Our Upcoming Workshop
The 2023 Summer Assessment Workshop will be held in-person on June 5, 6, and 7. Extended consultation will be offered June 8 and 9 for those wishing to work further with an Alverno consultant (extra fees apply).
This comprehensive, hands-on workshop will prepare education leaders to understand and explore learning outcomes, competency-based education, student-assessment-as learning, and institutional assessment while learning directly from Alverno College—a global leader. Workshop attendees will develop a deep, practical understanding of how to:
- Ensure Student Learning and Engagement: Consider the critical questions about educational principles while working to ensure meaningful outcomes and experiences for students across diverse learning platforms.
- Learn to Apply Strategies to your Classroom: Learn more about writing and refining self assessment prompts, giving feedback, and more that you can apply to your classroom.
- Design Institutional Strategies: Effectively align institutional/program/course outcomes, develop authentic assessment strategies, and build systemic support.
- Develop an Action Plan: Discuss practical approaches to further develop your unique curriculum and make it more responsive to diverse learners and real world contexts.
During the Workshop, participants will:
- Engage in hands-on work sessions and receive one-on-one assistance with their projects from experienced Alverno faculty and staff.
- Gain insight from professionals with extensive experience designing and implementing assessment methods aimed at developing and assessing competencies.
- Observe student assessment in action and learn firsthand how to foster student learning.
- Receive feedback on assessment design, teaching practices, and curriculum.
Our Workshop presenters are full-time teaching faculty, administrators, and staff from various disciplines and backgrounds at Alverno. You will get to know our team and experience multiple opportunities for informal discussions addressing your specific questions and needs.
|2023 Workshop Fees|
|Teams: $1075 per person (A team consists of two or more participants from the same institution.)|
|Special pricing may be available for very large groups or for need-based discounts. Please email Julie Borgealt or call 414-382-6435 to discuss options.|
|Those unable to participate in person can join the workshop online for a rate of $1300 per person.|
|Extended Consultation (Thursday/Friday, June 8-9): $350 per person per day|
|Registration Deadline: May 22, 2023|
|Cancellation Policy: To cancel your registration, you must contact our office in writing at least 5 business days prior to the start of the workshop. A cancellation fee of $50 will be applied.|
Hampton Inn &
Suites Milwaukee/Franklin - This is a Hilton Property
Address: 6901 S 76th Street
Franklin, Wisconsin, 53132, USA
Hampton Inn & Suites is located off Loomis Road, five miles from Alverno's campus, 13 miles from downtown Milwaukee, and seven miles from General Mitchell International Airport. Take the team to The Rock Sports Complex nearby, or go for a shopping spree at Southridge Mall two miles north. Several restaurants are within minutes. There will be a free hot breakfast and WiFi available.
Group booking link: Summer Assessment Workshop (hilton.com)
Group code: SAW
Conference rate: $94/night for standard double queen or king
Continuing Your Work After the Workshop
Do you need more time to reflect and work on a project or an area of inquiry with individualized consultation and support from Alverno faculty and staff? Workshop participants will receive discounted Alverno consulting rates for up to one year after the workshop. Contact us to arrange for an Alverno consultant at your campus.
|For more information about the workshop, registration, or consultations,|
|email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 414-382-6020.|