Mental Health Summit
The Alverno College Mental Health Summit is an annual event sponsored by the Master of Community Psychology Program. Our 2016 Summit participants will learn from a panel of Milwaukee-based experts, probe more deeply into topics of interest in small-group discussions, and explore community resources. Participants will gain a better understanding of the many aspects of community trauma and be presented with responses to create change.
- Explore current research and resources on community trauma
- Foster cross-cultural connections among Milwaukee area mental health practitioners, students and community leaders
Panel will inlcude:
- Gabe Doyle '14, MSCP, LPC-IT, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin
- Pardeep Kaleka, Serve2Unite
- Carmen Pitre, Sojourner Family Peace Center
Moderated by Jessica Brumm-Larson, PhD, Alverno College
Possible topics for breakout sessions:
- Fear of Others
- Environmental Trauma
- Poverty/Neighborhood Trauma
- Domestic Violence
- Advocacy/Impacting Policy
- Media & Fear
- Faith-based Interventions
- Children & Trauma
- Mindful Approaches to Trauma
- Secondary Trauma Chronic Stress & Neighborhood Trauma
We are applying for continuing education credits and more information will be available soon.
The summit is free and open to all mental health practitioners, community leaders and graduate students.
Registration will open September 7, 2016
For more information or questions please call the Insitute for Educational Outreach at 414-382-6087.
Frieda and William Hunt Memorial Trust