Help Desk Info
Faculty & Staff Tech Links
- LiveText Resources
- Computing from Home
- Google Apps for Education
- Help Desk Info
- Stress Management
- New/Departing Employee Info
- Online Reservations Request
Contacting Us for Help
There are four ways to request Help
- Double-click the icon on your computer desktop
- Submit a service desk request using this link: Alverno Service Desk Note: When accessing the Service Desk from off-campus, you will need to type in alverno\ before your username. For example: alverno\smithjl
- Email email@example.com
- Call the Help Desk at x6700 (on campus) or 414-382-6700 (from off campus)
Help Desk Hours
The Help Desk is open from 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday. Weekend and evening help is available at the Computer Center front desk in RC 109B. Their phone number is 382-6336.
Please note: The Help Desk is not staffed when the College is closed; however, you may still submit a request. We will respond as soon as possible during normal business hours.
Before entering a Help Desk request, you may want to try the following:
- Check the software’s Help Menu or look for a question mark icon to click for context-sensitive help
- Try Google - just type in your question or error message and see what responses you get.