- Resources for Students
- Advantages to Students
- Recent Internships
- Online Resources
Registration procedures and timeline
- You must meet with an Internship Program administrator for a planning session one or two semesters before your internship. The Program administrator continues to work with you throughout the placement process.
- During this time you will also prepare a resume with assistance from Career Education Center personnel
- You must complete an application to do an internship. Your advisor signs the application indicating that you have the approval of the discipline department. You must then submit the signed application to the Registrar
- You can investigate likely internship sites, select several, and arrange for interviews.
- You finalize placement.
- During the registration period (November or April), you register for the internship and the accompanying seminar
- In the last week of the semester, students attend a training workshop to prepare them for the next semester’s internship experience
- The Internship Program administrators send information and materials to students, mentors and faculty a week prior to the beginning of the semester
- You begin work on-site during the first week of classes of the semester or summer session
- You attend the concurrent seminar throughout the semester or summer session (Other arrangements are made for national and international internships)
- Throughout the semester, the Internship Program administrators keep in touch with students, mentors, and the faculty who teach the seminar