Important Dates - Refunds And Withdrawals
Important information about your Financial Aid eligibility as it relates to dropping or withdrawing from courses:
- Dropping credits after the census date may affect future eligibility for aid. The census date is posted every year in the Student Handbook, IOL, and the offices of Advising, Business, and Financial Aid.
- Withdrawing from school after the start of classes may affect future financial aid eligibility.
- Withdrawing, officially or unofficiallly, prior to completing 60% of the semester will require a reduction of your financial aid. Some funds will be returned to the source, and you will owe Alverno College the amount that was returned. If you received a refund, you may be required to return part of it. Future eligibility for financial aid may also be affected. Semester 60% dates are posted below, on IOL, and in various offices.
- Students earning no credit for a semester will be assumed to be an unofficial withdraw and will be required to return financial aid funds.
- Please note: If you stop attending classes (whether you officially withdraw or not) after the Census Date and before the 60% date, your financial aid will decrease, leading to a possible balance. Always consult the Alverno Financial Aid Office before you stop attending any or all of your classes.