Important information about your Financial Aid eligibility as it relates to dropping
or withdrawing from courses:
- Dropping credits after the census date may affect future eligibility for aid. The
census date is posted every year in the Student Handbook, IOL, and the offices of
Advising, Business, and Financial Aid.
- Withdrawing from school after the start of classes may affect future financial aid
- Withdrawing, officially or unofficiallly, prior to completing 60% of the semester
will require a reduction of your financial aid. Some funds will be returned to the
source, and you will owe Alverno College the amount that was returned. If you received
a refund, you may be required to return part of it. Future eligibility for financial
aid may also be affected. Semester 60% dates are posted below, on IOL, and in various
- Students earning no credit for a semester will be assumed to be an unofficial withdraw
and will be required to return financial aid funds.
- Please note: If you stop attending classes (whether you officially withdraw or not)
after the Census Date and before the 60% date, your financial aid will decrease, leading
to a possible balance. Always consult the Alverno Financial Aid Office before you
stop attending any or all of your classes.
Spring 2017 Important Dates
Fall 2017 Important Dates