Looking for some good news?
Summer tuition has been reduced to $650 per credit for all undergraduate, weekday
students in any major!
Stay on track with a summer course.
Financial Aid for Summer Sessions
Since most students prefer to receive their maximum financial aid eligibility during
Fall and Spring when total tuition costs tend to be higher, Alverno does not automatically
package loans for students who are taking summer classes. If you are interested in receiving loans for summer courses, please fill out the
2020 Summer Planning Form, so we can help create the best package for your situation. We will automatically
package Pell grant for the summer session per Federal guidelines, however if you do
not wish to receive Pell Grant in summer, please notify our office in writing.
If you are interested in taking courses over the summer, here are a few points to
keep in mind related to your Financial Aid eligibility:
- Summer begins the 2020-21 financial aid award year. You must have a 2020-21 FASFA
on file in order to recieve aid.
- Direct Stafford Loans require half-time attendance: Undergraduates must be enrolled
for at least 6 credits for summer to receive loan; graduate students must be enrolled
for at least 3 credits.
- Loans used for Summer can affect the amount of loan you will have available for the
Fall and Spring terms that follow. No additional funds are available to replace loans
disbursed for Summer session.
- Pell Grants are available to less than half-time enrollment for those who qualify.
Receiving a Pell grant in the summer will not reduce future Pell awards.
- Students may work on campus 40 hours per week during the Summer session as long as
the student is registered at least half-time for the summer or the fall term.
- If you do not complete the credits for which you receive financial aid, you may be
required to return a portion of that aid to the source.
- If financial aid is returned because you withdrew from Summer classes, you may have
a balance due to the college. This amount must be paid by the start of the Fall semester
or your Fall registration will be cancelled.
- If you are graduating in December, and not taking full-time credits, your loan for
fall may be further prorated once it gets closer to the fall semester. Please double
check your billing statement after the semester starts for your final bill.