Student Leadership Opportunities
Getting involved on campus is a fantastic way to develop and strengthen your leadership skills. Learn and employ event planning skills, write agendas and lead meetings, practice problem solving and communication abilities! Here are just a few opportunities for you to take what you're learning in the classroom and apply it to real life situations.
Leadership Conference - Each spring the Department of Student Activities & Leadership offers a student leadership conference. The 2018 conference is titled "YOU (Yourself + Your Worth)". Get to know yourself, your worth, and how to create healthy relationships. This conference is open to all students regardless of leadership experience. For more information contact email@example.com
Alverno Student Government - The Alverno Student Government (ASG) serves the undergraduate student body by:
- Providing a means for students to be effective citizens and leaders by representing the student body in decisions;
- Giving students an opportunity to effectively express concerns;
- Addressing issues by working with individuals, committees, and departments;
- Advocating for student concerns and needs;
- Encouraging communication and policy development on campus-wide issues;
- Providing needed services; and
- Setting, allocating, and dispensing student fees collected by the College
Elections are head each fall and spring for the Executive Board as well as representatives from each School (i.e. School of Nursing, School of Arts & Sciences). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Peer Leaders - Every year Alverno hires and trains students to become Peer Leaders to work with new incoming students and their families. Becoming a Peer Leader is an excellent way to represent the College, interact with new students, and develop leadership skills. Peer Leaders are required to facilitate icebreakers, speak on question/answer panels, and encourage students to become involved on campus and learn about academic, social, and wellness resources. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Student Activities & Leadership >