Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
- Welcome from the Director of Campus Safety
- Access to Campus Facilities
- Annual Crime and Fire Safety Reports
- Blue Light Phones
- Campus Policies
- Department Mission
- Emergency Communication
- Emergency Procedures
- General Information and Safety Tips
- Identity Theft
- Parking Regulations
- Programs Offered by Campus Safety
- Reporting an Incident
- Residence Hall Fire Safety
- Safety and Crime Alerts
- Department of Campus Safety
Alverno College educates the student community about sexual assaults, harassment and prevention through Orientations, the Student Handbook, programming and information through the Health Services Department.
If you are a victim of sexual assault while on campus your first priority should be to get to a safe place and then obtain necessary medical treatment. The Department of Campus Safety strongly recommends that a victim of sexual misconduct report the incident toCampus Safety or the appropriate Police Department as soon as possible. An assault should be reported directly to a Security Officer. Filing an Incident Report with a Safety Officer will not obligate the victim to prosecute, nor will it subject the victim to scrutiny or judgmental opinions. Filing an Incident Report will:
- Ensure that a victim of sexual assault receives the necessary medical treatment and tests.
- Provide the opportunity for collection of evidence helpful in prosecution, which cannot be obtained later.
- Ensure the victim has access to confidential counseling from counselors specifically trained in the area of sexual assault crisis intervention.
Additional information regarding Sexual Assault Prevention and Response can be found in the Student Handbook, or by visiting the Health Services Department located in the Athletic & Fitness Building, Room 203. Changes may be made to a student’s academic or living situation if the situation warrants and are reasonably available.Campus Policies >