Clery Act: Annual Crime and Fire Statistics
The Department of Campus Safety prepares this report in compliance with the Jeanne
Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act. This act requires
all U.S. colleges and universities to:
- Publish an annual report containing the previous three years of crime statistics and
certain campus safety policy statements.
- Disclose crime statistics for the campus, public areas immediately adjacent to campus,
and specific non-campus facilities. These statistics are gathered from the Department
of Campus Safety, local law enforcement and other university officials who have significant
responsibility for student and campus activities.
- Provide timely campus safety alerts pertaining to crimes that have been committed
and pose ongoing threats to students and employees.
- Disclose in a public campus crime log any reported crime occurring on campus or within
the patrol boundaries of the Campus Safety Department.
- Publish annual fire safety statistics.
The Department of Campus Safety maintains responsibility for preparing and distributing
this report by October 1 of each year. The report is prepared in cooperation with
other university departments and local law enforcement agencies.
To download a full PDF version of the annual report click the following link: 2019 Annual Safety and Security Report