Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) Bypass Assessments
Alverno College’s Credit for Prior Learning program (CPL) can help you save money and time, and shorten your time to graduation by not having to take some classes for which you already have the necessary knowledge.
If you are eligible, you can earn credits by successfully completing assessments that allow you to bypass some introductory courses. If you are notified of this eligibility, you may contact the Assessment and Outreach Center to schedule the assessment.
The following is a list of the current bypass assessments available through the Credit for Prior Learning program. Click the links below for more information.
- CM 120 Communication Seminar I
- GECM 135 Communication Seminar I
- GEQL 130 Quantitative Literacy in the Modern World
- GEQL 160 Mathematical Connections
- QL 122 Quantitative Literacy in the Modern World
- QL 156 Mathematical Connections
- SC 118 Science I (study guide)
- SC 119 Foundations of Chemistry
- SC 120 Foundations of Biology (study guide)
- SLC 100 Spanish Language Placement Assessment
- SPI 100 Spanish/English Healthcare Interpretation Bilingual Proficiency Assessment