Instructional Services provides Alverno students and faculty with resources that promote the personal and academic development of students and support a culture of diversity. To accomplish our mission, we assist students to realize their educational potential through
- engaging students in active learning, reflection, and collaboration;
- providing a foundation for learning by teaching self-regulation processes;
- teaching strategies and processes that promote independence in learning and enable the transfer of learning to multiple contexts;
- giving students meaningful opportunities to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding by providing employment through structured peer assistance programs; and
- collaborating with faculty, staff, and administrators by sharing our expertise in the fields of developmental education, accessibility services, and second-language learning.
In accomplishing our mission, we promote student retention and graudation as we support the mission of the college.Academic Support Services >