The Communication Resource Center offers evening online assistance. The CRC assistants
use Zoom (Zoom user guide) to conduct online appointments with you that include video, audio, and desktop sharing.
You’ll be able to show the CRC assistant your document in Google Docs, Google Slides,
Word or your presentation in PowerPoint and discuss it just as though you were sitting
next to her in the CRC. Using this software, the CRC assistant can email you a link
you will click on to connect to the online meeting. You will need to be sure you have
headphones (or ear buds) and a video camera (preferred, but not necessary) attached
to your computer to participate in a Zoom online meeting (please see link for equipment
Note : If you don't have a webcam (with built-in microphone), you will at least need
a separate microphone.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT REQUESTING AN EVENING ONLINE APPOINTMENT
- Equipment requirements: At least one day prior to an appointment, check to see if your computer will meet
the online requirements (Zoom requirements/meeting details).
- Make your appointment:
- Go to student email
- New-Calendar Event, Details: your name
- Location: off campus
- People: CRC.DistanceAppts@alverno.edu
- Scheduling Assistant: enter date & 1 hour time
- We will reply via email to let you know if we can confirm your requested day and time.
An information form will be attached in this email; this form must be completed and
emailed back before the session.
- Please follow through: Failure to follow through with confirmed online appointments will result in cancelation
of online privileges for the remainder of the current semester.
- IMPORTANT! You must have your email open fifteen (15) minutes prior to your appointment time
to receive an email from the CRC assistant that will include your link to online assistance.