Reviewers of Exempt Research
- Alverno Educator Researchers
- Alverno Student Researchers
- Information on Regulations
- IRB Members
- Researchers External to Alverno
- Role, Authority, Actions, and Jurisdiction
Information for Reviewers
Reviewer checklists support reviewer’s judgments and documentation of those judgments. These checklists are completed by reviewers and are used in conjunction with a specific form that would have already been completed and submitted by the researcher to the reviewer.
Exempt Determination Review: All reviewers, including RRC Decentral Reviewers, use the Exempt Study Reviewer Checklist to support their review of a researcher’s completed submission of the General Request for Exempt Determination form.
Waiver Review: There is a reviewer guide/checklist form (IRB Reviewer Guide) for the purpose of documenting a judgment on a researcher's request to waive/alter informed consent or its documentation. Only an IRB member or an IRB Direct-Certified Decentral Reviewers is authorized to use the following form.
- IRB Reviewer Guide: Waiver of Informed Consent or its Documentation
- In the context of an exempt determination, reviewers submit the completed checklist to the IRB Chair.
- In the context of an expedited review, the reviewer submits it to the IRB Chair and copies the IRB Administrator.
Expedited Review: Only voting IRB members are authorized to complete an expedited review. The reviewer submits the following form to the IRB Chair in support of an expedited review and copies the IRB Administrator.
- Reviewer Checklist and Action Determination for New Expedited Study
Reviewers of Exempt Research >