Neurologic Music Therapy Fellowship: June 12 - 13, 2018
R.F. Unkefer Academy for Neurologic Music Therapy:
International Neurologic Music Therapy Training Institute (Fellowship)
The NMT Fellowship is for MT-BC’s (or the equivalent) who have already completed the Neurologic Music Therapy Training Institute. The NMT Fellowship Training is an intensive course which begins with a review and update of current research and clinical practice. Participants are then required to present video examples demonstrating their current clinical work using three different NMT techniques. Details for clinicians and educators can be found here.
Participants are required to complete and submit a Fellowship Format document prior to training. To access the document, click here and scroll to the bottom of the page, then click again on the highlighted Fellowship Format to download a fillable form.
Participants are evaluated and will pass with a 70% majority vote.
Dates: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 - Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Time of Training: June 12, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.; June 13, 9 a.m. -1 p.m.
Early-Bird Fees until 5/11; $25 additional cost for registrations received after 5/11
Professional: $375 / $400
Online registration can be accessed by clickling here.
- Participants will demonstrate a basic definition and advanced knowledge about the implementation of neurologic music therapy (NMT), including the taxonomy of techniques used in NMT through verbal and video demonstration.
- Participants will demonstrate an increased knowledge of current research supporting NMT techniques as evidenced by clinical choices based on current best practice.
- Participants will demonstrate thru live video, a working knowledge of the Transformational Design Model; a model to assist in treatment selection based on functional goals.
- Participants will be actively demonstrate current clinical assessments for treatment evaluation.
- Participants will answer basic neuroanatomy and pathology questions related to a variety of neurologic disorders.
Training begins promptly at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, June 12, please make sure your travel arrangements allow you adequate time to get to/from the airport. Your successful completion certifying your attendance and NMT designation require attendance in its entirety.
A limited amount of dorm style accommodations are available through reservation through Alverno College. The cost is $60/night. Please click here to reserve a room on campus.
$135 per night plus taxes and fees
Reserve a room at the Fairfield Inn by clicking here.
Parking: Park in lot E of Alverno College, there is an ample size lot for all participants.
Refunds, less a 50% charge, will be granted if cancellation notice is received in writing no later than 14 calendar days prior to the course. If you register, attend part, or do not fulfill the requirements of the class, your course fee will not be refunded. Cancellation of the event by Alverno College will result in a full refund of monies received by the college. Alverno College is not responsible for the refund of travel, hotel, or any other expenses under any circumstances. Alverno College reserves the right to cancel or change any programs for due cause. In the event of a cancellation, registrants will be notified via email and contact phone number submitted in the registration.
Music Department >