Chemistry Learning Outcomes
An Alverno Chemistry student:
- Learns to communicate effectively, using the language, concepts, and models of chemistry.
- Uses the methodology of chemistry to define and solve problems independently and collaboratively.
- Uses a wide variety of laboratory techniques with accuracy, precision, safety, and an attention to local and global implications of chemical practice.
- Finds, selects, and uses appropriate scientific information to support her work.
- Uses values and scientific information to make responsible decisions about the use of chemical materials and knowledge.
- Uses different strategies and models of chemistry to analyze and synthesize chemical data.
- critiques the data, strategies and models of chemistry.
- Develops a professional identity and applies her learning in professional settings.