Life as a Nursing Student
- Undergraduate Nurse Program
- Alverno College Student Nurses' Association ACSNA
- Career Opportunities
- Life as a Nursing Student
- Transfer and Second Degree Students in Nursing
- Undergraduate Curriculum
- Graduate Program
- Application Process
- Master's of Science in Nursing (MSN) Program
- Clinical Nurse Specialist Track
- Family Nurse Practitioner Track
- Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Track
- Post Master's Clinical Nurse Specialist Certificat
- Post Master's Family Nurse Certificate Program
- Post Master's Nurse Educator Certificate Program
- Post Master's Psychiatric Mental Health
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice
- Meet Our Faculty
- Contact Us
Making a Difference in the Community
We understand your desire to make a difference in your community and in the lives of others. We call it Effective Citizenship, and as one of the eight Abilities, it is infused throughout our curriculum. We help students find ways to engage in the community through courses, internships, volunteering and student organization projects.
Since 1999, Alverno students, faculty and staff have volunteered for a day with more than 60 organizations on the south side of Milwaukee. Yes, we actually do close school for this day. Host agencies provide services including elder care, emergency shelter, training, education, childcare, clothing and food. To date, this event has involved 4,499 volunteers contributing 13,985 hours of service.
Alternative Spring Break
During Spring Break, the Department of Student Activities and Leadership coordinates a local Habitat for Humanity service project, which helps build a residence for a deserving family.
St. Ben's Meal Program
Since 1970, St Benedict the Moor Parish in Milwaukee's central city has sponsored a meal program for area residents in need. Volunteer students, faculty and staff prepare or serve meals every third Tuesday of the month during the academic year.
Poll Worker Training
Through the Poll Worker Training Project, students from Alverno work as election inspectors assisting in local, state and national elections.Life as a Nursing Student >