Alverno College is accredited by the following organizations:
- The Higher Learning Commission
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- National Association of Schools of Music
- American Music Therapy Association
In addition to these accreditations, Alverno College is a member of NC-SARA (the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements). SARA establishes reciprocity across state lines that can benefit students studying in online programs.
If you are an online student and are not a resident of the state in which your online program is based, you should verify that your program and institution are authorized to operate in your state. Check this map to learn more about your state’s participation.
Wisconsin is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA). As a participating institution, Alverno College is part of a group of institutions committed to making it easier for students to take online courses offered in other states. Because we are a participating institution, students who are residents in other NC-SARA approved states can enroll in:
- Online degree programs, certificates, and other educational activities such as internships, externships, co-ops, field experiences, student teaching, and clinical placements, and
- Campus-based courses with out-of-state internships, externships, co-ops, field experiences, student teaching, and clinical placements.
We are committed to complying with all states’ regulations for distance learning programs.Accreditation Invitation to Public Comment >