Summer offerings for Quantitative Literacy
Academic Support Services
- Our Mission
- Course & Seminar Offerings
- Quantitative Literacy Summer Offerings
- Accessibility Services for Students with Disabilities
- English as a Second Language Program
- Tutoring Support Services
Each summer, Alverno offers a course to help incoming students get a jump-start on their Quantitative Literacy (Math and Algebra) requirements. In addition to completing a first semester course requirement, this is designed to help students gain a better understanding of the Alverno curriculum, campus and faculty.
QL 022: Quantitative Literacy in a Modern World meets from June 20 through July 25 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, with an optional study session prior to each class from 4:30-5:30 p.m. Classes meet in person in FO 401.
Register now or contact your Admissions Counselor to discuss whether this class is a good fit for you.
Quantitative Literacy in the Modern World focuses on the mathematical and algebraic methods needed to describe, analyze, and then respond to our world. Students will work with concept models including percents, ratios, formulas, variables, linear equations, and graphs set within the context of contemporary issues. The course will strengthen students’ ability to read about, write about, and question health, societal, and economic issues. They will do this through solving application based problems, understanding the use of symbols, and applying various mathematical techniques needed to effectively use and manipulate quantitative information.
- Cost: $100 course fee. Billing arrangements are completed with Student Accounts at Alverno College. During one of your first classes, you will learn about the Educational Loan Agreement, which needs to be signed for this summer course. For additional information, please contact Student Accounts at 414-382-6262 or email@example.com.
- Required calculator: TI-36X PRO (approximately $20)
- Once you are registered, please check your Alverno email for information from your instructor.
- Alverno College makes every effort to provide accessible facilities and programs for individuals with disabilities. For accommodations/services please contact Colleen Barnett, Student Accessibility Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-382-6026.