Three-Day and Weeklong Seminars
JUNE 2015 WORKSHOP
June 8-10 or JUNE 8-12, 2015
For over 40 years, Alverno College has led the way in ability-based curriculum design and the assessment-as-learning approach to education. Alverno's curriculum requires all students within their disciplines to master eight core abilities critical to the worlds of work, family, and civic community. Those abilities include communication, analysis, problem solving, valuing in decision-making, social interaction, developing a global perspective, effective citizenship and aesthetic engagement.
Alverno educators have been called upon to work directly with institutions to ensure a seamless transition to this learning model. This workshop was developed to meet those needs in a group setting that draws upon diverse faculty and staff expertise.
The weeklong conference features sessions designed according to the learning principles that guide the Alverno curriculum. Educators will have the opportunity to learn how Alverno's widely respected ability-based curriculum and assessment methods are integral to teaching.
Three-day workshop participants will:
- Participate in hands-on work sessions and receive one-on-one assistance with their projects from experienced Alverno faculty and staff
- Gain insight from professionals with extensive experience designing and implementing assessment methods
- Observe student assessment in action and learn firsthand how to foster student learning
- Receive feedback on their assessment design, teaching practices and curriculum
Five-day workshop participants will:
- Participate in the above three-day workshop
- Receive additional hands-on opportunities with concepts and ideas under the facilitation of faculty
- Have more time to reflect and work on a project or an area of inquiry with individualized feedback and support
Workshop Pricing, Registration, and Lodging information will be available soon! For immediate questions, contact the Institute for Educational Outreach at 414-382-6087, or email@example.com.