Continuing Education: Telesis Special Events
- Adult & Continuing Education
- Continuing Education: Telesis Registration
- Continuing Education: Telesis Special Events
- Continuing Education: Academic
- Continuing Education: Art & Craft
- Continuing Education: Career & Computer
- Continuing Education: Cooking
- Continuing Education: Exercise & Movement
- Continuing Education: Healthful Living
- Continuing Education: Spirituality
- Continuing Education: Trips & Travel
UPCOMING FOR SPRING
ALVERNO INTERNATIONAL NIGHT
A Celebration of Cultures
Thursday, April 4
Join us for a special celebration of international cultures! Alverno College welcomes students from around the world, representing many diverse cultures and ethnic traditions. At this unique event you’ll sample delicious foods, enjoy musical and dance performance, and browse special displays of traditional handicrafts and artworks. And you’ll get to meet and visit with Alverno students who are just waiting to share insights to their cultural backgrounds.
6:00 – 8:30 p.m./$10 General Public (free for Alverno Students, Faculty and Staff)
Space is limited!
HOLOCAUST REMEMBRANCE SERVICE
Wednesday, April 10
Join us for this free annual program which pays homage to survivors of the Holocaust and assures that their stories are not forgotten. This year’s guest speaker is Aaron Elster, a child survivor of the Sokolow Ghetto in Poland. Elster has noted, “We are the last of the survivors and we have an obligation to tell the younger generations of the atrocities that humans are able to inflict on others.”
12:00 – 1:00 p.m./free and open to the public
Join us for lively evening discussions, free and open to the public, throughout the school year. Topics are selected and led by one of Alverno’s four schools—Arts & Sciences, Business, Education and Nursing—and feature professionals from throughout our community.
- Tuesday, February 26: Dying: Discussions, Dilemmas and Decisions, sponsored by the School of Nursing
- Tuesday, March 12: Mentorship and Sponsorship: The Need for Support and Advocacy, co-sponsored by the School of Business and the National Society of Hispanic MBAs–Milwaukee Chapter
- Thursday, April 11: Gendered Violence: Connecting Local Violence to Global Issues, sponsored by the School of Arts & Sciences
All Forums are scheduled 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. in the Sister Joel Read Center at Alverno College.
For more information or to register, visit the Forum page or call Laura Sear at 414-382-6177.