Wireless Access on Campus
Wireless Internet access is available at the following locations on Alverno's campus:
Please be aware that the wireless network may not cover every nook, cranny and corner of the coverage areas. We are doing our best to add as much coverage as possible where most needed and as funding allows.
- Alexia Hall (AX) - Entire building
- Alphonsa Hall (AL) – Entire building except basement and music practice rooms.
- Athletics and Fitness (AF) – Near the team room (AF105) and Fitness Center on second floor.
- Austin Hall (AU) – Formal Lounge, lounge areas on each floor; Mug & Pipeline; study area in the basement lounge (near mailroom).
- Christopher Hall (CH) – Entire building except sub-basement.
- Clare Hall (CL) – Entire building. Coverage in basement is only near the classrooms.
- Corona Hall (CO) – All floors except basement
- Founders Hall (FO) (formerly LA) – Entire building. Coverage in basement is only in the corridor east of the Plant offices.
- Read Center (RC) – Entire building except RC114D in Media Hub and first floor staff offices.
Users in ALL locations are required to login with a network username and password in order to connect. Guests on campus trying to access our wireless network will need a guest network username and password to connect. Tech Services has made arrangements with various departments to have guest logins available for campus visitors.
Users logging into our network are responsible for complying with our Technology Use Policies.
Access to the following resources is available:
- Student email
- Printing to an Alverno network printer from a Windows 7 laptop (if you have an Alverno network account)
- Mapping H:\ drive on Windows 7 laptop
- Mapping N: or U: drive on a PC for faculty/staff Mapping Network Drives for Faculty/Staff-Mac
Connecting to a wireless network
If you have questions or need more information, please contact the Help Desk via the Service Desk Portal or call them at 414-382-6700.