- Directions for Network Connection Request Form
- How to Determine Your Computer Name
- How to Determine Your MAC Address(es)
- Antivirus Requirement
Residence Hall Network Connection Forms due September 6, 2013
Alverno College residence hall students may connect their own computers in resident hall rooms directly to the campus network. In addition they may connect computers or tablets to the campus wireless network. To take advantage of this service, resident students need to do several things:
- Submit a Residence Hall Network Connection Request form
- Install and regularly update antivirus software
- Install and regularly update all operating system critical updates
- Wired connections only:
- Verify that your computer meets the requirements for connection. Read the Computer Recommendations as well as the "Addendum for Austin Hall and Clare Hall Resident Students" on the last page of the document.
- Verify that your computer has Ethernet capabilities and that you have an Ethernet patch cable.
- Install and configure network software following the directions in either "Directions for Installing Microsoft Network Client" or in "Connecting Mac OS X to Alverno Network".
All resident students connecting a personal device to the Alverno network (wired or wireless) must submit a Residence Hall Network Connection Request form before September 6, 2013.
Wired connections in residence hall rooms will be disabled if the form has not been completed by the deadline.