All network users are required to reset their Alverno network password every 180 days. In addition, you may not reuse your last five (5) passwords. These requirements help keep your network information more secure.
- What are Identity Verification Questions?
- Where do I set my Identity Verification Questions?
- How often does my password expire?
- How do I reset my password?
- What are the password requirements?
- What resources does my username and password allow me to access?
- What happens when my password expires?
- Who do I call If I have problems with my password?
- How do I change my password in the FTP settings in Dreamweaver?
- How do I change my ODBC password?
- How do I change my password on a Macintosh?
- How do I change my smartphone password?
Identity Verification Questions are a series of 3 questions you select from a list and provide the answers to. This identifying information allows you to reset your network password from on or off campus should you ever forget it. A good answer must: 1) Not be obvious; 2) preferably, no one else must know it; and 3) must be at least 4 characters long. NOTE: Answers are not case sensitive.
After enrolling in the Password Management Program, you will be prompted to set-up your Identity Verification Questions.
Your password will expire every 180 days.
Follow the prompts on the Password Reset page.
Your passwords must:
- Be 6-20 characters long;
- Contain a combination of upper and lowercase letters;
- Include numbers and/or other special characters;
- Not be the same as any of your last five (5) passwords;
- Passwords are cAsE-sensitive
Also, please remember:
- Passwords must be changed every 180 days.
- Changing your network password WILL change your email, DDP, IOL, and Moodle passwords. All of these passwords are synchronized with your network password.
Your username and password are the same for all the following resources:
- Wireless network
- Alverno Intranet (for faculty/staff)
- Colleague (for faculty/staff)
- Launchpad (for faculty/staff)
Changing your network password WILL NOT change your:
- Student Web Server password
You will receive an email notification 14 days before your password is set to expire. If you don't change your password, you will receive the next email notification seven (7) days before your password is set to expire. If you still have not reset your password, you will receive a third email notification three (3) days before your password is set to expire.
If your password expires, you won't be able to log into any campus computers or access any Alverno network resources from off-campus until you reset your password.
If you have problems or questions about changing your password or setting your password hint, please contact Technology Services at 414-382-6336.
- From the sites menu, select Manage Sites
- Select a site and click the Edit button
- On the Advanced tab, select Remote Info from the Category column
- Update your password here
- Use the Test button to check connections
- You will need to repeat this process for each site
- Go to http://intranet.alverno.edu
- Click on Faculty/Staff/Student Information
- Click on Faculty/Staff Tools
- Click on Database Maintenance
You can reset your password on the Password Reset web page.
In addition to changing your Alverno network password, you will need to change your smart phone password. Please check your phone’s user manual or contact your service provider to obtain instructions for your specific phone brand and model.