All network users are required to reset their Alverno network password every 180 days. In addition, you may not reuse your last three passwords. These requirements help keep your network information more secure.
- What are password hints?
- Where do I set password hints?
- How often does my password expire?
- How do I reset my password?
- What are the password requirements?
- What resources does my username and password allow me to access?
- What happens when my password expires?
- Who do I call If I have problems with my password?
- What's my Datatel ID number?
- How do I change my password in the FTP settings in Dreamweaver?
- How do I change my ODBC password?
- How do I change my password on a Macintosh?
- How do I change my Smartphone password?
Password hints are a series of 3 questions you select and provide the answers to. This identifying information allows you to reset your network password from on or off campus should you ever forget it. Password hints are case sensitive. We recommend using lowercase and no punctuation in your password hint answers. For example: instead of "St. Mary" use "st mary".
The Set Password Hints page
Your password will expire every 180 days.
Follow the prompts on the Password Reset page.
Your passwords must:
- Be 6-8 characters long;
- Start with a letter;
- Include a number;
- Contain NO punctuation, spaces or special character;
- Passwords are cAsE-sensitive
Also, please remember:
- Passwords must be changed every 180 days.
- Changing your network password WILL change your email, DDP, IOL, and Moodle passwords. All of these passwords are synchronized with your network password.
Your username and password are the same for all the following resources:
- Wireless network
- Alverno Intranet (for faculty/staff)
- Colleague (for faculty/staff)
- Launchpad (for faculty/staff)
Changing your network password WILL NOT change your:
- Student Web Server password
If you are using a classroom or office computer, you will be prompted to change your password. If you are not using a classroom or office computer, you will not see a prompt to change your password. However, you will not be able to log into any campus resources such as email, DDP, Moodle or IOL. You will need to reset your password.
If you have problems or questions about changing your password or setting your password hint, please contact Technology Services at 414-382-6336.
Your Datatel ID number appears on your Alverno ID card.
- From the sites menu, select Manage Sites
- Select a site and click the Edit button
- On the Advanced tab, select Remote Info from the Category column
- Update your password here
- Use the Test button to check connections
- You will need to repeat this process for each site
- Go to http://intranet.alverno.edu
- Click on Faculty/Staff/Student Information
- Click on Faculty/Staff Tools
- Click on Database Maintenance
You can reset your password on the Password Reset web page.
In addition to changing your Alverno network password, you will need to change your smart phone password. Please check your phone’s user manual or contact your service provider to obtain instructions for your specific phone brand and model.