Managing Your Mailbox
Each Alverno employee has a quota of 4 GB for email storage on Alverno servers. When you reach the quota limit, the System Administrator sends an email message to you indicating your mailbox has exceeded its size limit. You will not be able to send mail until you reduce the storage space you are using.
To check the size of your mailbox in Outlook Web Application (OWA):
- Log into OWA.
- Click on the gear in the upper right-hand corner. Click on Options.
- Click on My Account.
- Scroll down to Mailbox usage.
To check the size of your mailbox in Outlook 2016 use the Mailbox Cleanup tool:
- Click the File
- Next to Mailbox cleanup, click on Cleanup Tools
- Click Mailbox Cleanup
- Click View Mailbox Size
Use the Mailbox Cleanup tool to manage the size of your mailbox:
- Empty your Deleted Items folder.
- To locate older items, select Find items older than n days, enter a number between 1 and 999, and then click Find.
- To locate large items, select Find items larger than n kilobytes, enter a number between 1 and 9999, and then click Find.
- Save large email attachments to your network drive and then delete the email. Click on the attachment in the Reading Pane or the open message; then on the Attachments tab, in the Actions group, click Save As.