News and Events
- Resources for Educators & Researchers
- Executive Director's Message
- Our History
- Our Team
- News and Events
- How To Give
- Research Center Updates
- Status of Girls Report
Check out the great work the Research Center has done in the community!
Research Center Executive Director, Rhonda M. Ware presented research findings regarding ways to identify, prevent and confront bullying behavior and moderated a question and answer session for Mental Health America of Wisconsin’s "Eat, Learn and Give" event.
Research Center Executive Director, Rhonda M. Ware was the keynote speaker at the Professional Dimensions Luncheon. She shared research, analysis and strategies for identifying, preventing and confronting bullying during a very interactive meeting.
Research Center Executive Director Rhonda M. Ware was a guest on Today’s TMJ4, The Morning Blend. She shared information on the Research Center’s Teen Dating Violence: A Resource and Prevention Toolkit.
Research Center Curriculum Coordinator Nancy Athanasiou, Ed.D., headed up a team to deliver anti-bullying training for students at Mukwonago’s Rolling Hills Elementary School.
The Research Center cosponsored an Alverno forum, “Gendered Violence: Connecting Local Violence to Global Issues.”
Research Center Executive Director Rhonda M. Ware was a panelist on MPTV’s 4th Street Forum, on a program entitled “Women and Abusive Men: Changing the Story.”
The Research Center screened the film Sleepovers. The film chronicles the lives of four girls for ten years, from adolescence to young adulthood through a set of 3 sleepovers, and shows girls that they are not alone.
Members of the Research Center curriculum team held anti-bullying behavior curriculum training for educators and administrators at Alverno College.
IN THE COMMUNITY
- IOU Sports "One on One with Sue Black", Owner and CEO of the Milwaukee Wave
- Zonta Club of Milwaukee
- MPTV screening of Half the Sky, at Discovery World
- Social Development Commission’s Youth and Family Development Program end-of-year celebration
- New Leadership Conference, “Women Leaders” panel, Mount Mary College
- Bullying: A Prevention Toolkit featured on stopbullying.gov
- Just “Us” Girls: Girls Violence Prevention Forum, IOU Sports
- Social Development Commission’s GED and HSED graduation ceremony
- “Combat Bullying: Handling Hatred and Harassment: Tools and Techniques,” Jewish Community Center
- “Your Voice Matters” Conference, Girls in Charge Coalition
- “Best Practices for Parents, Teachers, and the Community to Address Bullying,” TEMPO Waukesha
- “The Research Center for Women and Girls: Activating Research, Changing Lives,” Time Warner Cable
- Miss Representation (film), PEARLS for Teen Girls, Inc., and the American Association of University Women
- “Tips for Teachers, Parents, and the Community to Deal with Bullying,” 103.7 KISS FM, SportsRadio AM 1250, and WMYX-FM 99.1
- “Tips for Teachers and Parents to Deal with Bullying,” Today’s TMJ4, The Morning Blend
- Featured on TMJ4 Weekend News and The Morning Blend to highlight the vision for the Research Center
- Speaker Series featuring Sheryl WuDunn author of Half the Sky, and Rachel Simmons, author of The Curse of the Good Girl
- Women as Agents of Change, screening and discussion of Guns, Grief & Grace in America