Class & Course Cancellation
- Resources for Students
- Accommodations & Disabilities
- Alverno College Catalog
- Attendance Expectations
- Auditing Classes
- Classroom Assignments
- Class & Course Cancellation
- Course and Section Additions and Changes
- Emergency Communication Options for Alverno
- Incomplete Policy
- Instructor Change
- Progress Reports
- Registration Incentives
- ROTC Program
- Schedule Changes
- Section Changes
- Student Right to Know
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Waiting List
- WDC and Alverno on the Weekend Add-Drop
- Withdrawal from Classes
If an instructor is ill and a class is cancelled, a notice will be placed on classroom door and on glass bulletin board in the Commons Lobby.
A course for which you have registered may be dropped from the official semester’s course offering due to insufficient enrollment. If this should occur, we will notify you prior to the beginning of the semester so you may revise your registration. An information memo is posted in the glass enclosed bulletin board outside the Registrar’s Office, LA 204.
Winter Weather Conditions:
If weather conditions are poor and classes are held, we ask you to exercise discretion regarding your safety in traveling to campus. Students not in class can make arrangements regarding homework with their instructors. If classes are cancelled, please link to MOODLE for a message from your faculty about assignments or make-up arrangements and watch for information from your faculty via email or posted on MOODLE about assignments or makeup arrangements. Closings will be announced in the following ways:
- The following stations carry announcements if the College cancels classes or closes due to adverse weather conditions: Channel 4 (WTMJ), Channel 6 (WITI), Channel 12 (WISN), Channel 58 (WDJT), WTMJ (620AM), WLWK (94.5AM), WISN (1130 AM), WKLH (96.5AM), WJMR (96.5AM), WHQG (102.9FM), WJZX (106.9FM), WXSS (103.7FM), WMYX (99.1FM), WSSP (1250AM).
- Closings will be announced on Alverno’s home page.
- You will receive a voice message and/or SMS text messaging if you sign up for Connect-Ed, our emergency communication system.
Directions for Registering for Connect-Ed:
- Register at http://connected.alverno.edu.
- Log in with your Alverno email address and your student or employee ID number, which can be found at the bottom of your Alverno ID card. Do not enter a ‘0’ before your ID number for Connect-Ed.
- Enter your contact numbers (do not enter Alverno office numbers). Address is optional.
- Under Call Preferences, select a Main Contact Number.
- Follow the prompts to update your information. You will receive an email message confirming that your information has been updated.