- Contact Us
- Faculty Information
- Final Assessment Schedules
- Accommodations & Disabilities
- Alverno College Catalog
- Attendance Expectations
- Auditing Classes
- Class & Course Cancellation
- Classroom Assignments
- Course and Section Additions and Changes
- Emergency Communication Options for Alverno
- Incomplete Policy
- Instructor Change
- Progress Reports
- Registration Incentives
- ROTC Program
- Schedule Changes
- Section Changes
- Student Right to Know
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Veteran Educational Benefits
- Waiting List
- WDC and Alverno on the Weekend Add-Drop
- Withdrawal from Classes
- Transcript FAQs
- Undergrad Ability & Level Matrix
REGISTRATION INFORMATION – Summer & Fall 2017
Use Interactive Online (IOL) to complete Online Registration
Access Registration Information (electives, calendars, final assessment schedules, matrix, etc) at www.alverno.edu/registrar/
All Weekday, Weekend and Adult Evening & Online students are strongly encouraged to meet with their Advisor for Registration Planning.
Some Weekend, Weekday and Adult Evening & Online students are required to meet with their Advisor. Please check IOL, Student Information, Restrictions to see if you have a restriction to meet with your advisor (#25) or (#32)
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE ON REGISTRAR’S OFFICE WEB PAGE AND IOL
ALVERNO DEGREE COMPLETION STUDENTS are registered through Registrar’s Office. Contact Registrar with any questions.
Registrar’s Office web page at www.alverno.edu/registrar/
Access this web page for information on calendars, electives, final assessment schedules, policies and procedures and much more about registration procedures.
Use IOL to access the following information as you prepare for registration:
Academic Evaluation: Print & review your academic evaluation from IOL. Contact your Academic Advisor at 414-382-6029 with any questions on your academic evaluation.
Validation Report: Print and review your validation report from IOL. Contact your Academic Advisor at 414-382-6029 with any questions on your validation report.
Student Information: Review your student information from IOL. Under User Account click on the “Update Name and Address” link with any changes to your personal or family information.
Graduation Audit (not on IOL): For students expecting to graduate in the next year. If a graduation audit was emailed to you from the Registrar’s Office, please review the information as you select your courses.
Refer to your academic evaluation to decide which courses you will take next semester.
Select backup course(s) and course sections should your first choice not be available. Be sure to check all prerequisites. Set up an appointment with your Academic Advisor if you need assistance planning your courses
Refer to your student information to find out if you have one of the restrictions named below. If you have one of these, we encourage you to take care of it as soon as possible.
If you are required to meet with your Advisor prior to registration, set up an appointment as soon as possible
Be sure that the classes you select do not have timing conflicts.
Be sure to check for courses that meet first weekend and verify the time they meet the first weekend.
REGISTRATION ENTRY: Your registration appointment will be in IOL. You will receive an email letting you know when you can see the appointment time in IOL.
- Log in to IOL on or after your priority registration time.
- Review your student information including your anticipated graduation date:
- Under User Account click on the “Update Name and Address” link with any changes to your personal or family information.
- Look to see if you have any restrictions. If yes, take care of them.
- Enter your registration by accessing search and register. If you know the exact course numbers, and sections that you want to register for, access express registration
- Refer to IOL help and FAQ’s for more detailed information about registering online
- After entering your registration, review and print your class schedule. Students who find it necessary to change their registration may drop or add classes directly through IOL. Students who find it necessary to cancel all their classes should contact the Academic Advising Office, 414-382-6029.
Restrictions/Holds that must be resolved prior to registering:
- Advising Holds #22, 25, 26, 30, 31 & 32: Students with these holds have advising concerns that require a meeting with an advisor before the registration can be entered.
- Assessment Center Holds #36: Students with these holds have not completed requirements for the Level 1 Speaking or Social Interaction assessments.
- Athletics Hold #46: Students with this hold need to see the Assistant Athletic Director.
- Business Office Holds #10, 10C, 10R, 11, 12, 12C, 13, 15, 16, 18A, 18B & 20: Students with these holds are behind in payment plans or have to complete financial aid and/or external billing paperwork.
- Financial Aid Holds #50, 52, 55 & 56: Students with these holds have lost their eligibility for financial aid.
- Nursing Health Record Holds #80, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 93, 96, 97, 98, 99, 100 & 101: Students with these holds have outstanding background forms, health records, immunizations, or CPR.
- Registrar’s Office Holds #21, 23, & 81: Students with these holds have an outstanding official high school and/or college transcript(s).
- Student Affairs Holds #27, 41, 42 & 44: Students with these holds have Student Affairs concerns.
- Library Hold #60: Students with this hold need to see the Library.