Our Alumnae

Making Their Mark

Over the past three years, 92 percent of Alverno undergraduate alumnae found a job within six months after graduation. Find out how these four recent graduates are making their professional mark on today’s workforce since their spring 2012 graduation.

School of Nursing

KERRY ANDERSON ’12

Nursing (B.A. Spanish)

Muskego, Wis.

C.N.A., Aurora Health Care,

West Allis Memorial Hospital

Job Description: Assists the nursing staff on the floor and provides patient care.

Favorite Alverno Life Lesson:

“Okay, I’m going to say it: Self-Assessment! I know … I can’t believe I said it either! However, in the health care field, it’s all about self-assessing and Alverno has forever instilled this in me. I have been able to go through performance reviews and receive constructive criticism much better than ever before.”

What do you miss most about Alverno?

“I’ll miss having the support and guidance from peers and professors; it was a very comfortable atmosphere. Now, I am going into the ‘real world’ where I am in charge of my decisions, which is a little overwhelming. However, Alverno has made me confident in my critical thinking and decision making skills and I am excited to start my career!”

School of Arts & Sciences

KELLY WARPECHOWSKI ’12

Interactive Media Design | Elective Studies

South Milwaukee, Wis.

Jr. Front End Developer, Lightburn

Job Description: Designs, codes and updates websites for a wide range of clients. One recent project included the creation of a multi-dimensional online animation for a medical products manufacturer.

Favorite Alverno Life Lesson:

“I learned to always have reasoning behind my decisions in both design and in life. In my designs, I can explain my choices, which lets a client understand my perspective for their project. Also, when I am having a discussion in daily life, reasoning backs up my viewpoints and gives stronger evidence.”

What do you miss most about Alverno?

“Every day after class I would visit my mom (Jane Warpechowski) in her office to catch up on our crazy lives. I would say out of everything, I miss having that time to bond, vent and relax. Besides my mother, I gained a close relationship with the faculty and staff. It was a wonderful feeling to always be supported.”

School of Education

KATIE MISZEWSKI ’12

Middle Childhood and

Early Adolescent Education |

Mathematics for Teachers

West Allis, Wis.

6th Grade Teacher,

Mequon-Thiensville School District

Job Description: Teaches sixth-grade math and social studies at Lake Shore Middle School.

Favorite Alverno Life Lesson:

“The most profound thing that I learned is how to speak confidently on my feet in any situation. The ability to communicate effectively in a variety of contexts is essential in teaching. I must communicate with students, parents and colleagues on a daily basis, and I feel that I can confidently do so as a result of all of the formal and informal communication that my Alverno education required of me.”

What do you miss most about Alverno?

“I’ll miss the camaraderie the most. Everyone at Alverno – students, faculty and staff – is so extremely supportive of one another. Small class sizes allowed me to establish positive relationships with the other women in the education program and my Alverno instructors. I will miss seeing my Alverno family on a regular basis!”

School of Business

BETHANY ZEBELL ’12

Business & Management | Elective Studies

Milwaukee, Wis.

Variable Life Representative,

Northwestern Mutual

Job Description: Assists financial representatives and clients in servicing their Variable Life Insurance products, including asset transfers and allocations, loan processing and building relationships between the home office and field representatives.

Favorite Alverno Life Lesson:

“President Mary Meehan’s message at the spring 2012 graduation ceremony will always stay with me. Her message was, ‘Often times it is more important to know which questions to ask, rather than know the answers of the questions.’ I try to integrate this philosophy into my work and everyday life; living with curiosity!”

What do you miss most about Alverno?

“I’ll miss being immersed in a diverse community of women learners. The women I met were different ages, ethnicities and religions, and came with different personal and professional experiences. This created a rich and engaging environment.”