Prior Learning Credit
- International Admissions
- Why Alverno?
- How to Apply
- Cost & Financial Aid
- English Requirements
- Visa Requirements
- Transfer Credit
- Prior Learning Credit
- Contact Us
- Admissions Guide for International Students
“Prior Learning Credit” is college credit given for prior learning from life, work, educational, personal, and professional experiences.
Through a program we call Prior Learning Assessment, Alverno will work with you to recognize the learning you have already accomplished through a variety of experiences. You may earn valuable college credits toward your degree by demonstrating how your learning experiences meet the requirements of a major or particular course. This program is perfect for adult students and continuing education students who possess valuable work and life experience.
To determine if you may be eligible for college credit in Alverno College's Prior Learning Assessment program, ask yourself if you have:
- Used theory to understand life and/or professional experiences;
- Completed non-credit classroom experiences (e.g., courses, seminars, workshops, training, continuing education programs);
- Participated in paid or volunteer experiences related to an academic discipline;
- Created or developed a product, publication, artistic work, innovation, or program.
If you answered "yes" to one or more of the above statements, or if you have other significant learning experiences, Alverno's Prior Learning Assessment program may be right for you.
For more information, or to arrange an appointment with an Admissions Counselor to further review your individual situation, contact the Admissions Office at (414) 382-6100, (800) 933-3401, or e-mail Admissions.