February 12, 2015 Forum

image for February 2015 Alverno Forum Leaders

What Leaders Do & Who They Are

This Forum is a two-part interactive discussion with leaders focusing on what they do day-to-day to create value, build trust, and get results. Learn from our panelists’ experience about empowerment, influence, service, managing change, developing talent, and balancing work with other life priorities. This conversation is a continuation of the Forum on December 2, but attendance at both is not required. Please note: Both Forums will run from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.

From exploration of authenticity, leadership of self and conflict management, to real-world advice from experienced leaders, and relevant self-assessment with the opportunity to ask specific questions, the December 2 Alverno Forum, What Leaders Do – Part 1, was a resounding success.

Part Two, February 12: 

What Leaders Do – Part 2 will follow a similar format, engaging real-world leaders in an interactive discussion of just how or when they decided they wanted to be leaders, what they did to achieve this goal, and how they used development tools and strategies to extend their leadership effectiveness since. Bring questions, notebooks, and friends and business colleagues for another engaging and inspiring Alverno Forum.

• Christy Brown - CEO, Girl Scouts Wisconsin Southeast
  • Allen Krueger, Jr - Owner and EVP, Krueger Communications (Alverno MBA 2010)
  • Dawn Tryba - Wells Fargo Asset Management (Alverno MBA 2011)

Susan Marshall - Author, Speaker, and Founder of the Backbone Institute

I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” - Marissa Mayer (CEO of Yahoo)

Whatever you are, be a good one.” — Abraham Lincoln

"I learned to always take on things I’d never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist.” - Virginia Rometty (CEO of IBM)

Sponsored by the School of Business

Supported by

logo for Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee

logo for Backbone Institute

Fill out my online form.