Tab

February 12, 2015 Forum

image for February 2015 Alverno Forum Leaders

What Leaders Do & Who They Are

This Forum is a two-part interactive discussion with leaders focusing on what they do day-to-day to create value, build trust, and get results. Learn from our panelists’ experience about empowerment, influence, service, managing change, developing talent, and balancing work with other life priorities. This conversation is a continuation of the Forum on December 2, but attendance at both is not required. Please note: Both Forums will run from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.

Part Two, February 12:

Some have argued that the best approach to developing leaders is through various forms of rich self-assessment, action learning, and competency-focused learning activities—very much like the transformative Alverno MBA. The panel will discuss the leadership development ‘toolbox’ needed to make leadership development activities a success, and will highlight their own applied learning through diverse, interactive mini-case study examples.

:

Susan Marshall
- Author, Speaker, and Founder of the Backbone Institute

I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough.” - Marissa Mayer (CEO of Yahoo)

Whatever you are, be a good one.” — Abraham Lincoln

"I learned to always take on things I’d never done before. Growth and comfort do not coexist.” - Virginia Rometty (CEO of IBM)

Sponsored by the School of Business

Supported by

logo for Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee

logo for the National Society of Hispanic MBAs for the Alverno Forum logo for Backbone Institute

Fill out my online form.